Skip to main content

Faith And The Beloved (Book Review)

Book: Faith And The Beloved (Kindle Edition)

Author: Kochery C Shibu

Faith And The Beloved authored by Kochery C Shibu is a thriller that intends to weave a complex story with many key characters. The book begins with a good hook when, Alice, one of the key characters,  murders Tony after a good sex session with him. Turns out Tony was her stepfather, who also attempted to kill his wife (and Alice’s mother). This got me interested in the story.

 

As we move further, we see there many key characters and their parallel stories running around. Prem, for example, another key character, who is on his way to take revenge from his brother's killer. Then there's Naithy, Alice's mother.      


 

 

This book is packed with a lot of stuff. The backstories of the characters are too lengthy includes history, politics, underworld, family tree, etc; a lot could have been avoided. One may tend to lose the point or the motive of the story. The narration is a little unusual than regular fiction books. Every chapter here sketches each of the characters and their entire lives. There are extremely fewer dialogues, and the narration of events gets monotonous. Also, since the events are described from the perspective of each character, reading many events gets repetitive. Not confusing though!                 

 

As promised the plot includes good amount of thriller, love, lust, and crime. The fluidity story of the story could have been better.

My ratings: 2.5 out of 5.

I received a review copy of the e-book in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Of Personal Space And Accepting Oneself (Book Review)

Image Source Book: My Space My Body – starring Taka Dimi Author: Roopa Pai Illustrator: Archana Sreenivasan Publisher: Fitkids Education and Training Pvt Ltd For: Children above 3 years Books for children is an important responsibility; not just for the publishers and authors, but also for the parents and teachers. It is essential that the books we share with our children should not just be informative and engaging but also educational. My Space My Body (MSMB) is an interesting blend of all the above elements.

From ‘ASL Pls’ To Emoji’s

I don’t get tired; no really, I do not get tired or bored at all narrating our story to anyone. Infact every new person I meet, I try to grab this opportunity to talk about us – You and I!   And I surprise myself when I realise that I still remember it all so well. Every single detail of 4 years of friendship, 4 years of long-distance relationship, and 7 years of being married. Well, can’t really say that about the last 7 years :P, but the first 8 years are like embedded in my DNA. Pic clicked by Sudipto Roy I think our story is unique. It’s beautiful. Just 15 years old but so much has changed in this one and half-decade. Or not much?

You Hired Smart Talent. But Are You Training Them Right?

Every year, organizations hire bright interns and freshers from top institutes. They come in with promise, potential, and the right intent. But somewhere between onboarding and execution, something quietly breaks. Not because they lack capability. But because they’re not really trained, properly. In many workplaces, especially in fast-paced functions like communications, freshers are given tasks, targets, and timelines, but not the depth required to execute them well. Take something as simple as media outreach.